Monday 16 April 2012

Happy Days

I'm in the middle of exams right now and have been pretty stressed out and tired. I decided to go for a walk by the lake today and remind myself of some things that make me happy. It's so easy to get closed up in what is making us feel less than great, so I try to pick one thing I want to do for myself every day, to feel a little better and to remind myself that I'm worth the time! Blogging has been one of those things for me over the past couple of weeks, but going for walks, watching a favourite TV show (Man Men!), knitting, doing some yoga or going for a run also make my day! And of course, there are the obligatory material things that make me smile as well!

 
 Mint nail polish with sparkly ring fingers has definitely brightened up my day. Sparkles and glitter always have a way of making me feel happier. This sparkly nailpolish I have on top looks like a disco in a class jar. It's wonderful.
 Both these shoes, and the fact that it was warm enough today to wear them are also making me happy. It was nice to take a break today and get outside, and it was even nicer to be greeted with some warmer weather before the rain came down later this afternoon!
 Despite myself, I really love when things match. I received the bracelet as a belated birthday present and was extremely pleased when I realized it matched my rose gold watch. I ware them together all the time now!
 It was nice to wear some makeup today! I haven't been anywhere except my bed, the gym, or an exam room this week, so to put on mascara and lipstick felt nice. I put my hair up with this scarf while studying, and really liked how it looked.
 Looking at pictures of my dog Theo never fails to make me happy. See you in 10 days buddy!
 Looking forward to getting outside more. This is a winter picture, but it reminds me of home and how in just a little over a week I'll be out of stress mode and ready for studying! For now, I have to get back to it, but happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment