Sunday 29 April 2012

Start of Summer

Hello! I haven't been around much because of exams, which has unfortunately caused me to wither away in the library, malnourished and underexcercised. This is not only melodramatic, but also true. It has also caused me to keep away from this blog! Now that my five exams are over, however, I'm going to start keeping my camera on me all the time and blogging more. Here are what my summer plans consist of so far, but more will be on the way as these four months unfold.

A pair and a spare for Harper's Bazaar distressed denim cut offs. I am currently on the search for the right light washed, high wasted jeans or shorts. I went to Value Village yesterday in search of said shorts, but to no avail. Instead, I came back with a cranberry coloured silk blouse, and a leather pencil skirt.  I can reconcile with that.
I bought some fluorescent pink spray paint and have been trying to decide what I want to do with it. I think this will be one of those things I try out. I have more DIYs than time so far, though.
This magazine clutch over at A Beautiful Mess is so great, and I really want to try and do this over the summer. I'm going to limit myself to three projects for now, and then hopefully get into more as the summer goes on.
My boyfriend got tickets for me and him to see Beirut this summer, so I am really, really excited about that. Their last album is just so fantastic, and this is a band I have enjoyed for a really long time, so I can't wait to see them live. I've heard they are fantastic. Check out two of my favourite songs of theirs here and here
I love baking and cooking. My mom and I are going to take some cooking classes this summer, but tonight I think I'm going to make these bad boys. I love cookies, sandwiches, and nutella, so this is a pretty natural combination of amazing things. I'd love to bake as much as I can this summer, even when the temperatures start to rise!
I am so excited to read for pleasure this summer. Though I am a lit. major and often love what I read, its nice to choose a book. I ordered this one a while ago and its been sitting on my desk. Finally going to open it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment