Sunday 10 June 2012

The weekend

I had a really lovely, laid back weekend. I went to a friend's house to celebrate her birthday with some mini cupcakes, barbeque, beer, and some amazing people I hadn't seen in too long! It was really nice to catch up with everyone, and also to think about some of the things making me happy right now. With beautiful, warm weather today, it was impossible to not look at everything as a source of inspiration. So here are some of the things that contributed to having a great weekend!
I injured my hip from running and have been off of it for a while. I was starting to hate the feeling of being inactive, even though I've been trying to eat well and lift weights to compensate. So when I saw that a hot yoga placed opened up a few minutes from my house and offered a free first class, I figured I'd try it out. I love yoga, but had never tried hot yoga and I think I'm hooked! I signed up for an unlimited month so I hope this will help me stay strong until I can start running again!
 Waking up with this wooden giraffe at my bedside table never fails to make me happy! My boyfriend picked it up for me in Cuba when he went on vacation. Giraffes are my favourite animal. They are just so strange!
I organized some of my makeup today and realized these three bright shades have been in super heavy rotation. Lady Danger by MAC is this great orange-y red, Rimmel Coral Queen is a bright coral, and Carthage is a super hot pink matte lipstick.
Did some more organizing and put some miscellaneous goodies like some jewelry, sunglasses, and my watch onto this thrifted silver tray. Next to it is a glass teapot I plan to put wax in to make it a candle, also thrifted!
Borrowed this pretty blue from a girl at my internship. Its so pretty and fresh, but couldn't resist adding sparkles to it!
Nothing beats a bowl of cherries on a hot summer day!
Except maybe a bowl of mint chocolate chip icecream :)

I hope you all have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment