Sunday 22 July 2012

Sunday, Craft Day pt.2

Not sure what it is, but Sunday's always seem to be my craft days. I wasn't feeling too great today, but decided to go on Pinterest and find some necklace inspiration. This onee by Delighted Mama was the perfect fit. I didn't really stray too much from her tutorial (other than using different shaped beads and different colours), so check out her tutorial if you're interested! It was super easy and a lot of fun. I want to go back and get more clay now and try her other polymer clay DIYS. For now, here is my rendition.
My pretty beads in different shapes and colours
The beads all set out on the cooking tray with some parchment paper. She didn't specify to do this, I just did anyways. I also followed the baking instructions that were on my package of clay (since I used one different from hers), rather than what she prescribes.
The final result. The six in the middle were marbled by taking two colours together and just rolling them in my palms. For anyone who does this craft, beware! Wash your hands very well, or use vinyl/latex gloves- it picks up any/all dirt. Also, the gloves are good to get them smoothe, otherwise you get your fingerprints on them. Delighted mama has a tip for using polymer clay here

2 comments:

  1. Love your necklace! It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you dont mind me posting it here!

      Delete